All Hall of Fame nominations shall be submitted no less than ninety (90) days before the State Meeting. Therefore, deadline for submission is June 29, 2022. Please contact Bro. Thad Hodges if you have any questions: (912) 429-0703 |
Application Deadline June 29, 2022
The purpose of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Georgia State Organization Hall of Fame is to recognize Omega men, in the state of Georgia, who have performed outstanding service in the GA State.
Requirements for Nomination
- Have a minimum of 25 years of active (financial) service in the fraternity (all 25 years do not have to be in Georgia).
- Must be currently active (financial) with a chapter in the state of Georgia at the time of nomination or have entered Omega chapter while being an active member of a chapter in Georgia.
- Must have a proven record of outstanding service to the GA State Organization, 7th District or Internationally If a brother enters Omega chapter before serving 25 years and has made significant contributions; he may be eligible for nomination.
The following procedure must be followed when submitting nominations for the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Georgia Hall of Fame.
- Submission of a completed application form
- A Bio of the brother being nominated explaining why the nominee should be considered for the Hall of Fame. The bio should summarize the nominee’s history in Omega and the significant contributions he has made in the State of Georgia and for the State of Georgia Organization.
- Two letters of recommendation submitted by current financial brothers
All nominations applications received will be reviewed by a committee consisting of five brothers representing each region, the 1st Vice State Representative and two members at large appointed by the State Representative. After being reviewed by the committee, any nominee receiving a majority vote will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. A total of no more than four (4) brothers from the state will be able to enter the Hall of Fame each Conclave year.
Hall of Fame Awards
Inductees will receive the following:
- A commemorative award will be presented
- Picture will be placed w/significant information on the State Website
- Engraved Omega Ring (Living Brothers Only)